FormMail Clone is clone of Matt Wright's FormMail under a less restrictive license. It should behave almost exactly as FormMail.cgi, but it is completely written from scratch. There may be a few minor visual differences. Below are a few reasons you would want to use the FormMail Clone (taken directly from the FormMail Clone web site):
- You want to have a form that will be mailed to you, but aren't sure how to write the CGI script for it.
- You are the webmaster of your site and want to allow users to use forms, but not to have their own cgi-bin directories, which can cause security risks to your system. You can set this script up and then allow all users to run off of it.
- Want to have one script to parse all of your html forms and mail them to you.
FormMail Clone Link
- Click on the FormMail Clone link.
- When the page loads, you will see a statement that says something similar to the following:If you have never used Matt Wright's FormMail.cgi, follow the documentation located at:
- "The Actual Script is here: http://YOUR_DOMAIN/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi"