Remote MySQL allows external web servers to access your MySQL databases by adding their domain name to the list of hosts that are able to access databases on your web site.
NOTE: "localhost" stands for the server that your site is currently on.
- Enter a server's host name or IP address in the "Host (% wildcard is allowed)" text box.
- Click on the Add Host button.
- You will see the following statement:Click on the Go Back link.
- "Added Host HOSTNAME to the access list."
- When the page loads, you will see a two-column table containing the following information:
- Access Hosts - This entry will include the host name or IP address.
- Remove - Click on the x in a circle icon to remove the "Access Hosts" from being allowed to access your MySQL database.